Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Janice Becker, Morgan Hill, CA


Without section 8 housing, with my flexible income, I would be unable to rest from my labors as a nurse's assistant. Many people work very hard in life, while others take advantage of them by stealing from them. I have worked just as hard as anyone else, but with all my health issues, as a senior with disabilities, I have fallen short of being able to retire. The high rents for housing in America are a shame. Vouchers are necessary for those of us who have been poor or disadvantaged in life. I have been a recipient of section 8 and it has been a life saver. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment