Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Isabel Guadian, San Jose


I have raised three children, working two jobs to support them and make a living. I was homeless myself for two and a half years when I and my children could not afford housing. I was a single parent through those years and still working two jobs.


Now my children are grown and thank God they are doing O.K. right now. I am not doing so well. After all these years of hard work, I am still in a homeless state, having to stay with friends and family. It would really be a blessing to have a place of my own, and privacy. I will continue to have faith and wait on the Good Lord. Low-income housing and section 8 for singles and families would be a great beginning for all people. God bless you, President Obama. Many prayers for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment