Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ricardo Lopez, San Jose


I have an idea for the housing crisis. All these people like me are paying high prices for apartments. I pay $1584 a month for a three-bedroom apartment. Some house payments are not even close to this, or just a little more. I think all these foreclosed or near-foreclosed homes should be sold to people like me with no downpayment. Otherwise they are just sitting there collecting dust and the banks are not collecting any income.

I have a dream to someday own my own house. If they would make the properties rent-to-own, the banks would get a lot of money and the economy in California and everywhere else would get better.

Hopefully you can think about this idea. I have a lot more faith in you than in the past president.

No comments:

Post a Comment