Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Richard Allen, San Jose


I have an issue with a criminal record that is basically a misdemeanor. But when I go apply for work in some places I get turned down because of that, and also my disability, which gives me two strikes against me. So please consider me when thinking about jobs and housing. I believe in the change you promised.


Alas I am not a saint by any means but I have had no trouble with the law since my case ended in 1987. So if you can see what you can do to change this then it would be appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment