Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mary Bockman, San Jose


Dear Mr. Obama,


My name is Mary Bockman and I'm tired of being last on everyone's list. I'm tired of being homeless. And I'm not a person who just wants your pity. No sir, I want much more than that. I want to be able to live a normal life, and be able to make it on my own. I am 40 years old and I have been homeless for 20 of those years off and on. It's very hard to even find work and has been for some time. I see so many people just as I am, homeless for as long as I have been. I am counting on every promise you have made to every human being in America. Please do your best to bring your words to life. We are all counting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment