Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Karon Lambert, San Jose


My husband and I just lost our home. I had become disabled after a fourth back surgery and was not able to return to work. My husband was downsized. I went to the section 8 department and was told the waiting list is ten years and they are not accepting any applications. I went to social services and was told we were not eligible because I made about $100 over the limit.


We live in SILICON VALLEY and $1100 a month does not cut it! California is being left by the wayside. Take a good look around and see the suffering of those that followed the rules (went to school, went to work, and paid taxes). And also take a look at all the immigrants that are here and receiving the resources we put our hard earned money into. Take a look at your average person.

No comments:

Post a Comment