Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Friday, May 29, 2009

Nicole Jean Tiller-Grimes, San Jose

Dear Obama,

We need your help. There are so many suffering out here on these streets. I lost my job and had to move out of my home and put everything in storage. I was working at Lockheed. I am a white female, 28 years old, and now I have no job and I am out living in my car. My family is in Indiana so I am on my own here. My license tags are expired, and I hope they don't take my car.

I used to have a home and a job, but no more. I now ask people for money for food and gas. I am not a drinker or on drugs. I won't let the streets get to me.

Please help me get off the streets and get back on track again. I want to make my self-esteem come back. I try every day to look for work. My background is is clean with no criminal record. I try to go to church when I get clean clothes.

Please help, even if it is a room to rent, just to get off the streets. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment