Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Monday, May 25, 2009

Michael Blakemore, San Jose


Dear Mr. President,

I realize that I am not the best member of the U.S., but I can be a better member if I can find housing and work.

These days we are down to taking whatever we can get. At this time I am with a friend and pay and help out as much as I can, but I know that this can't go on for too long. The temporary jobs that I have been able to get don't cover both housing and food, so I have had to choose between one or the other. Moving from place to place has been hard on me, though my determination has been strong. I am not sure how long I can keep this up. Please help at the very least with public housing. Housing can really help a lot of people get on their feet and stay there.

However, I am proud of what you have done and what you will do for your people. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment