Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Monday, April 20, 2009

Suzanne D. Gatewood, San Jose

Dear President,

I am so lucky to have been a client of section 8 for 14 years. Being a single mom of three children, it has helped me with the trials and tribulations of these hard times we live in. We have been through financial hardships but have survived. My children have great jobs now, and have moved on and out of my home, and have also had the chance to sign up for affordable housing. I am now working myself, and plan to go to school to finish my GED, and buy a home of my own. Please, we need this program to be there for people who need and want a chance to get ahead in life. I say yes to section 8 and funding for low-income housing. Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment