Our letter to the President

Dear President Obama,

Please take action to end America’s affordable housing and homelessness crisis. We need:
  • More section 8 vouchers immediately
  • Build public housing to meet the need
  • Full funding of the National Housing Trust Fund
  • Stop foreclosures

Friday, April 24, 2009

Peter M. Guardado, San Jose

Presently sir I am a victim of circumstances. Being just released from prison is making my life hard. In 1992 I was unjustly convicted of a 290 P.C. With this I am struggling just to acquire a decent job so our economy can bounce back. I have been homeless since 2001. A 290 cannot adjust in any way in this society no matter how you are looked upon. It is mind-boggling how rapidly the policing and jailing around this code is increasing - even for urinating in the bushes.

Well yes, I agree that homelessness will increase, so I am for some solution other than life behind bars! As for the above four points, by all means please pass a bill to consider adding more money. Thank you, honorable President.

No comments:

Post a Comment